|“My time spent with Dale was absolutely instrumental to the growth of my leadership skills. Let me be on record that this document does not do justice to the profound effect that Dale had on me and will have on me for the rest of my managing life.”
Jonathan Lederer, VP, Sales, Popkin Software,
New York City
Leadership Skills - Do You Have Them?
Managing can be hard.
Learn To Be A Better Manager
You probably have a great set of technical and/or creative skills or you wouldn't be in your current position. You have the potential to grow even further. But perhaps you've inherited your staff, or you're a new manager, facing leadership challenges you never anticipated -- from thorny human resources issues to an unavailable boss. You need strong leadership skills to build your team and reach your potential as a manager.
You can't be an expert at something you never learned!
Perhaps you've read "new manager" books or taken leadership training workshops, and yet you are still not clear on how to tailor those leadership techniques to your situation. The solutions all seem too boilerplate. Well, it's been proven that attending leadership development classes or reading management training books alone will not change your behavior or approach. (You've probably proven this to yourself.) And you are faced daily with issues that you need to resolve now. Don't give up - there's a way to broaden your leadership skills and be a better manager.
Hello, I'm Dale Kurow.
I'm a seasoned executive coach. Over the past nine years I've worked with executives just like you, helping them develop leadership skills and become more confident and productive. They've gone from the brink of termination to becoming a trusted member of their boss's inner circle. They've built their managerial "muscles" which led to promotion and significant salary increases. Having earned 5 promotions in one fortune 100 company, I know what it takes to shine. This is not rocket science. Together, we can make this happen.
"I wanted to say thanks again. In 4 sessions, you did more to help me discover what I can do to help myself than the days I spent with Ph.D. level coaches offered to me at my company over 10 years."
ABB, Corporate Vice President, Fortune 20 Company headquartered in New York
What you'll learn in the course of honing your leadership skills:
- Leverage and reinforce your strengths.
- Discover new approaches to managing that build upon your current style.
- Meet your department objectives in a more timely fashion and with ease.
- Communicate more effectively with your staff.
- Forge alliances and strengthen critical relationships.
- Polish your leadership style.
- Gain more confidence and poise.
- Improve your overall performance and attitude.
- Build leadership skills that you can use in any position, company or industry.
"With Dale's help, I was able to strengthen my leadership skills and identify my strengths, weaknesses, values and passions. The result of working with Dale has led not to only greater satisfaction in my current job but also a clear understanding of my next move. She gave me the leadership tools I needed to influence my staff, my colleagues and superiors to get what I want."
Kimille P. New York, NY
Steps we'll take toward more effective leadership:
- Clarify what you need to change.
- Administer an assessment (the Coaching Report for Leaders-CPI 260) to better understand how effectively you are performing in 5 key management areas:
- Organizational Capabilities
- Team Work and Team Building
- Problem Solving
- Sustaining the Vision
- Based upon the results of the assessment and your goals, create an action plan of the major areas you will work on.
- Using real-world business examples, identify your current leadership style and start using new behaviors and techniques.
- Receiving focused individual feedback, suggestions and support, continue to build your skills as a leader.
Take the first step today.
You can be excited about being in a leadership role and look forward to work each day. You'll be in control of your staff and your objectives. You'll manage up more effectively. You'll gain the respect of your peers and subordinates. You'll build on your strengths and find your leadership style. And you'll position yourself for promotion.
Don't struggle alone - have an experienced, caring and expert executive coach on your side.
Judge your current leadership skills by taking my free leadership quiz.
Then, to set up a free consultation either in person in my New York City office or via the telephone, please click the contact me link below and send me your information. Thank you!